COVID-19 Precautions and Protocols
We are continually updating our processes and protocols in accordance with the most recent Community Care Licensing, Berkeley Public Health department, and CDC guidance.
- There is a required onsite Daily Health Check (which includes temperatures taken) for all staff and children before starting their day. Additionally, parents complete a daily health card questionnaire on Learning Genie before arriving at school.
- Children are observed throughout the day of any signs of illness and if needed, isolated, outside their class environment with a care giver/teacher until a parent arrives to take them home.
- We follow the recommended CDC recommended hygiene and hand washing procedures and have hand washing stations outside the school building and inside the classrooms. There are also hand sanitizer stations outside the entrances to the building and all classrooms.
- We continue to error on the side of caution when children are sick and require a 48-hour symptom free period along with a negative covid test before returning to school.
- We maintain strict cohorts throughout the day, with no more than 16 children and their teachers.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces will occur throughout the day, and we have a professional cleaning service that comes in each evening to clean all areas of the school. If needed, they are also able to perform a special deep clean that includes ionized disinfecting of the spaces.
- All Staff and children 2 years and older wear masks while indoors except for when they are eating or sleeping. Mask outdoors are optional for the children and based on the family’s personal choice.
- Families are also asked to have periodic covid testing done after travel and holiday closures before returning to school.
- To limit access to our classroom environments, many of our classes will have drop-off and pick-up outside and there is no access to the classroom space by anyone except the children and the caregivers/teachers.
- Tours of our space are only done when the center has closed for the day and both the children and staff have left for the evening.
The safety, health, and wellbeing of the children and our school community is our top priority. We take this commitment very seriously and will continue to follow the best recommended practices, even when other centers may be doing something different. As a quality center that is NAEYC accredited, we will always put the best interest of the children first!