Cornerstone Children’s Center is a state-licensed Christian nursery and preschool for children birth through pre-kindergarten. Open weekdays from 7:30 am–5:30 pm, we offer year-round flexible scheduling. We combine loving and safe care with creative and stimulating play to nurture young children and support their families.
Our facilities are on the First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley campus, which is conveniently located near UC Berkeley. Cornerstone extends care to all families regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, socioeconomic status, or religion.
- loving, experienced teachers trained in early childhood education, first aid, and infant/child CPR
- small staff-to-child ratios and group size (1:3 Infants, 1:4 Toddlers, 1:6 Young 2’s, 1:8 Preschoolers)
- a developmental curriculum emphasizing social skills, creativity, problem solving, self-esteem, and spiritual nurture
- learning centers in each room with blocks and construction, cognitive skill games, dramatic play, science discoveries, process art, music, puppets, and storytelling
- clean, cheerful, sunny rooms
- a private playground with sand, lawn, trees, and a gym for indoor active play
- a parent-friendly environment with opportunities for on-site nursing, parenting education, classroom involvement, scholarship help, and extended care
- play-based, child-centered, and teacher supported learning
- all classes use creative curriculum that is developed for each specific age group
- Infants and Toddlers
- 2 year olds
- meets each child at their own individual developmental level
- our Pre-K program incorporates both Creative Curriculum and Get Set for School Curriculum to provide a balance of the skills they will need to be successful in Kindergarten